Timetables & Courses
At this time, we are planning for a return to in-person teaching and learning in the fall 2021, with some limited courses in the fall session available online.
Geography students can consult the Selecting Courses page for info on how to choose courses, number of courses per session, courses outside the department, etc.
The department does not require any forms from students outside the department – if space is available students are welcome to enroll using ACORN. If space is not available, students will be added to the enrolment waitlist. If your home department requires a signature in order to approve your enrollment please send the form by email to email@example.com.
Dates and Deadlines
- August 3, 2021: Course enrolment opens in ACORN
- September 9, 2021: Start date for fall session Geography & Planning courses
- September 20, 2021: Deadline to add full-year and Fall session courses
- October 25, 2021: Deadline to withdraw from Fall session courses
- January 10, 2021: Start date for winter session Geography & Planning courses
- January 17, 2022: Deadline to add Winter session courses
- February 20, 2022: Deadline to withdraw from full-year and Winter session courses;
- May 9, 2022: Deadline to add May-to-June F section summer courses;
- May 27, 2022: Deadline to withdraw from May-to-June F section courses;
- July 4, 2022: Deadline to add July-to-August S section summer courses; and
- July 22, 2022: Deadline to withdraw from July-to-August S section courses.
The department’s Graduate Course Policies apply to all courses offered.
If you have questions about enrollment, please contact the department.
Students who wish to audit a course must obtain permission directly from the course instructor within the first week of class. Permission is subject to available space and can only be granted by the course instructor.
Only registered students at the University of Toronto may audit courses. Auditing entitles a student to attend lectures only. Students may not submit any written work, attend labs/tutorials or write tests/exams. The student will not be enrolled in the course and the course will not appear on their transcript. The department does not provide certificates of attendance.