Virginia Maclaren, Associate Professor
U of T St. George
Cornell University (1984)
MS Cornell University (1980)
MPl University of Ottawa (1978)
BA Bishop's University (1974)
Phone: (416) 978-3378
Location: Room 5016A, Sidney Smith Hall (100 St. George)
- Waste management
- Sustainability indicators
- Environmental assessment
- South East Asia (Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia), China
Teaching This Academic Year:
PLA1601F – Environmental Planning and Policy
- Wang, C. and Maclaren, V.W. 2012. Evaluation of Economic and Social Impacts of the Sloping Land Conversion Program: a Case Study in Dunhua County, China. Forest Policy and Economics 14(1) 50-57.
- Hostovsky, C., Maclaren, V.W. and McGrath, G. 2010. The role of public involvement in environmental impact assessment in Vietnam: towards a more culturally sensitive approach. Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, 53(3): 405-25.
- Parizeau, K., V.W. Maclaren and Lay Chanthy. 2008. Budget sheets and buy-in: financing community-based waste management in Siem Reap, Cambodia. Environment and Urbanization 20(2).
- Nguyen, V. H., S. Kent and V. W. Maclaren. 2008. Shadow prices of environmental outputs and production efficiency of household-level paper recycling units in Vietnam. Ecological Economics 65: 98-110
- Holden, M. and Maclaren, V. 2015. Urban Environmental Management and Resilience in Canada. In B. Mitchell (ed) Resource and Environmental Management in Canada, 5th ed. Oxford University Press, Toronto, pp. 424-449.
- Maclaren, V.W. 2014. Vital Signs: Toronto. In: Michalos AC (Ed.). Encyclopedia of Quality of Life and Well-Being Research. Springer, Dordrecht, Netherlands, , pp. 6956-58.
- Maclaren, V.W. 2010. “Urban Waste Management”. In B.Warf (ed.) Encyclopedia of Geography. Sage, Los Angeles, pp. 2978-81.
- Nguyen Quang Tuan and Maclaren, V.W. 2011. Community driven regulation, social cohesion and landfill opposition in Vietnam. In Kin Che Lam, Hayden Lisberel, Tung Fung (eds) Facility Siting in the Asia-Pacific: Perspectives on Knowledge Production and Utilisation, Chinese University Press, Hong Kong. pp.183-214.
- Maclaren, V.W. 2010. Waste management: moving up the hierarchy. In B. Mitchell (ed) Resource and Environmental Management: Addressing Conflict and Uncertainty, 4th ed. Toronto, Oxford University Press, pp.424-452.
- Maclaren, V.W. and Gad, G. (eds) 2010. Reflections on the History of Geography at the University of Toronto (Toronto: Department of Geography, University of Toronto) 100 pp.
Nature, Society and Environmental Change