Rajyashree (Raj) Narayanareddy, Associate Professor
U of T Scarborough
Honours & Awards:
2003-10 Fellow, MacArthur Interdisciplinary Centre for the Study of Global Change (ICGC), University of Minnesota
2006-07 Research Grant, Consortium on Law and Values in Health, Environment & the Life Sciences, University of Minnesota
2005-06 Graduate Research Partnership Program Grant (with Dr. Gidwani), University of Minnesota
Location: B508 (UTSC)
Downtown Office: Room SSH5022 (100 St. George Street)
- Geographies of waste and labour
- Urban political ecology
- Global urbanism
- Cities of the global South
- South Asia
Call For Students:
Professor Reddy is currently recruiting one to two MA and PhD students interested in the following research topics: urban political ecology, environmental justice, abolition ecologies, infrastructure and development in Global South cities.
- Reddy, R.N. (2017) “Jennifer Robinson” in Lathman, A and Koch, R eds Key Thinkers on Cities. Sage Publication
- Reddy, R.N. (2016) “Reimagining E-Waste Circuits: Calculation, Mobile Policies and the Move to Urban Mining in Global South Cities” Urban Geography 37(1): 57-76
- Reddy, R.N. (2015). Producing abjection: E-waste improvement schemes and informal recyclers of Bangalore. Geoforum 62: 166-174
- Reddy, Rajyashree N. 2013. Revitalising Economies of Disassembly: Informal Recyclers, Development Experts and E-Waste Reforms in Bangalore. Economic and Political Weekly XLVIII (13): 62-70.
- Gidwani, V & Reddy, Rajyashree N. 2011. Afterlives of “Waste”: Notes from India for a Minor History of Capitalist Surplus. Antipode 43(5): 1625-1658.
- Reddy, R (2010) Bhopal, India Chemical Disaster in Warf, B edited Encyclopedia of Geography.