Nushrat Jahan, Planning PhD Student
U of T St. George
MA in Human Geography (Research-based), 2016
University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
Bachelor of Urban and Regional Planning, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), Dhaka
Honours & Awards:
Sustainability Scholar for City of Edmonton, University of Toronto Entrance award
Dr. Katharine Rankin, Dr, Neera Singh
Phone ; 1-780-7298253
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Office: 617A, Sidney Smith Hall, 100 St George St, Toronto, ON M5S 3G3
Personal Website: www.linkedin.com/in/nushratjahan79195664
- Urban development
- Climate Change Adaptation
- Natural resource management
- Sustainability and resilience studies
- Disaster management
- Rural development
- South east Asia, Central and Western Canada
- Jahan, N., Deacon, L. (forthcoming) Analytical framework for community resilience: A case study of Devon, Alberta.. Western Geography. Vol. 2017. (Accepted)
- Hossain, D. Jahan, N. Hossain, I. Akhtar, K. Islam, I. Sharmeen, N. (2013). PRA: A Tool to Address WatSan Issues and Achieve the Standard In Low Income Settlements (An empirical study on a Dhaka slum). Journal of Bangladesh Institute of Planners. Vol. 6, pp. 73-85.
- Islam, I., Akhter, S., Jahan, N., Hossain, Imam. (2015). Displacement and Migration in Cyclone Affected Coastal Areas. Environment, Migration and Adaptation Evidence and Politics of Climate Change in Bangladesh. pp. 141-160 AHDPH, Dhaka
CONFERENCE PAPERS and POSTERS
- Jahan, N., Deacon, L. (May 2016). Looking into regional economic resilience: A Study in a Canadian resource based community. Paper presented at the CAG Conference, Halifax, Nova Scotia.
- Jahan, N., Deacon, L. (February 2016) Analytical framework for regional economic resilience: A case study of Devon. Paper presented at the WDCAG 2016 Conference, University of Northern British Columbia, Prince George, British Columbia.
- Jahan, N., Deacon, L. (March 2015) Resilience of resource based communities amid economic boom and bust: Role of infrastructure planning. Poster presented at the WDCAG 2015 Conference, Thompsons Rivers University, Kamloops, British Columbia.
- Jahan, N. Khan, M.R. Ahmed, M.F. (August 2014). Adaptation gaps in agriculture, health and water supply and sanitation: Empirical findings from coastal Bangladesh. Third International Conference on Climate Change & Social Issues 2014, Sri Lanka.
- Jahan, N., Islam, S., Hossain, S., Hasan, H., Sultana, A., Hasan, A., Islam, I., Akhter, S. (2013). Sustainable City Design: Developing conceptual planning proposal for Eastern Fringe of Dhaka city. Global Meet on Sustainable Development, University of Dhaka.
- Jahan, N. Hossain, D. Islam, S. Shil, B. Islam, I. Haque, A. Debnath, A. K. (2013). A Spatial Analysis on Agricultural Production of Bangladesh: Focusing on Milk and Turmeric. Bangladesh Development Initiative (BDI) International Conference, UC Berkeley.
Cities and Everyday Life, Nature, Society and Environmental Change, Political Spaces