Nidhi Subramanyam (she/her), Assistant Professor
U of T St. George
Cornell University (2021)
Master of Regional Planning, Cornell University (2014)
Bachelor of Architecture, University of Mumbai (2010)
Email – email@example.com
Office Address – Room 5023, Sidney Smith Hall (100 St. George)
- Planning in the Global South
- Urban governance
- Water-sanitation infrastructure planning
- Climate change adaptation
- Sustainable development
- The politics of dispossession
- Ethnographic, participatory, and qualitative research methods
- Urbanization and rural-urban transitions in South Asia
Teaching This Academic Year:
- PLA1101 – Planning history, thought, & practice
- GGR416 – Environmental Impact Assessment
- PLA1601H – Introduction to Environmental Planning and Policy
Subramanyam, Nidhi, & Kudva, Neema. (2020) Acquiescence in the face of dispossession in the Mahindra World City Special Economic Zone, Tamil Nadu, India. Environment & Planning C: Politics and Space 39(1): 114-131.
Subramanyam, Nidhi. (2020) A small improvement: Small cities lag in expanding household water coverage across urban India. Water Policy 22(3): 468-482.
Subramanyam, Nidhi, & MacAlister, Charlotte. (2016) Governance of flooding risks in informal settlements in satellite cities in the Mumbai region.” South Asian Water Studies 5(3): 12–27.
MacAlister, Charlotte, & Subramanyam, Nidhi. Eds. (2018) Adaptive water management in the face of climate change: Innovative solutions from the global South. Water International 43(2).