Lauren Jewett, Physical Geography PhD Student, Course Instructor
U of T St. George
Mechanisms driving urban-rural disparities in stroke service utilization in Ontario
2017 - Master of Geographic Information Systems (MGIS) - University of Calgary
2012 - Bachelor of Science, Life Sciences (BSc), McMaster University
Nov 2019 - Knowledge Translation Workshop: Behavioural and Cognitive Theories in Implementation Science (Ottawa Hospital)
Honours & Awards:
2019 - Canadian Institute for Health Research (CIHR) IPPH: Health System Impact Fellowship Doctoral Award (host org: Canadian Institute for Health Information)
2018 - Canadian Urban Environmental Health Research Consortium (CANUE), Travel Award
2018 - University of Toronto – Dept of Geography, John D. Barnes Geodetic Sciences Fellowship
2016 - Canadian Institute for Health Research (CIHR): Health Services and Policy Research Institute, Community Support
2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 - David Braley Cardiac, Vascular and Stroke Research Institute/McMaster University, Population Health Research Institute Studentship Grant
Dr. Michael Widener
Sidney Smith Hall, Rm 594
University of Toronto – St George
100 St George St.
Personal Website: https://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&user=Psqt-74AAAAJ
- health geography
- health services research
- spatial statistics
- multilevel modeling
- Geography/stats education and training methods
Teaching This Academic Year:
Course Instructor: GGR340 Health Geography
- GGR270H1F (Introductory Analytical Methods) UTSG
- GGRA30H3 (GIS and Empirical Reasoning) UTSC
- Plue, R., Jewett, L., & Widener, M. J. (2020). Considerations When Using Individual GPS Data in Food Environment Research: A Scoping Review of ‘Selective (Daily) Mobility Bias’ in GPS Exposure Studies and Its Relevance to the Retail Food Environment. In Geospatial Technologies for Urban Health (pp. 95-112). Springer, Cham.
- Greenwood-Lee J, Jewett L, Woodhouse L, Marshall DA. A categorisation of problems and solutions to improve patient referrals from primary to specialty care. BMC Health Services Research. 2018 Dec;18(1):986.
- Lindsay MP, Jewett L, Michael D, Swartz RH, Kamal N. Putting Stroke Services on the Map – Using Geospatial Analysis for Stroke System Planning. International Journal of Stroke. 2018 Oct;13(1):58.
- Jewett L, Harroud A, Hill MD, Côté R, Wein T, Smith EE, Gubitz G, Demchuk AM, Sahlas DJ, Gladstone DJ, Lindsay MP. Secondary stroke prevention services in Canada: a cross-sectional survey and geospatial analysis of resources, capacity and geographic access. CMAJ open. 2018 Feb;6(1):E95-102.
- Holodinsky JK, Patel AB, Thornton J, Kamal N, Jewett L, Kelly PJ, Murphy S, Collins R, Walsh T, Cronin S, Power S. Drip and ship versus direct to endovascular thrombectomy: The impact of treatment times on transport decision-making. European Stroke Journal. 2018 Feb 14:2396987318759362.
- Jewett L, Mirian A, Connolly B, Silver FL, & Sahlas DJ (2017). Use of Geospatial Modeling to Evaluate the Impact of Telestroke on Access to Stroke Thrombolysis in Ontario. Journal of stroke and cerebrovascular diseases: the official journal of National Stroke Association.
- Barber CE, Jewett L, Badley EM, Lacaille D, Cividino A, Ahluwalia V, … & Levy D. (2016). Stand Up and Be Counted: Measuring and Mapping the Rheumatology Workforce in Canada. The Journal of Rheumatology, jrheum-160621.
- Lopatina E, Jewett L, MacDonald KV, James MT, Werle J, & Marshall DA. Changes in Quality of Care Associated with Centralization of Elective Orthopaedic Surgery Procedures: A Scoping Review. Value in Health 2016;19(3): A240.
- Jewett L, Sahlas DJ, Hill MD, Demchuk AM, Smith EE, Cote R & Lindsay P. A Geographic Comparison of Timely Patient Access to Stroke Prevention Sites Across Canada. International Journal of Stroke 2016;11:18-18.
- Barber CE, Jewett L, Ahluwalia V, Baillie C, Mosher D, Zummer M, … & Cividino A. Measuring the Rheumatologist Workforce in Canada: Preliminary Results of the Stand up and be Counted Survey. Arthritis and Rheumatology 2015;67.
- Barber C, Jewett L, Mosher DP, Baillie C, Ahluwalia V, Thorne C, et al. Stand Up and Be Counted. CRAJ 2014;24:6:11.
- Kutty S, Oakes GH, Jewett L, Pardhan AM, Forsey A, and Kingsbury K. Cardiac Care Network of Ontario Clinical Registry Data to Evaluate Proposed Stand-Alone PCI programs in Ontario. Poster presented at the 2014 National Cardiovascular Data Registry Conference, Washington, DC
- Dokainish H, Jewett L, Nieuwlaat R, Coulson J, Demers C, Lonn E, … & Connolly S. Gaps in Medical and Device Therapy for Patients with Left Ventricular Systolic Dysfunction: The EchoGap Study. Open Cardiovascular Medicine Journal 2014;8:94.
- Jewett L, Connolly BJ, & Sahlas DJ A Geoinformatic Analysis of the Impact of Telestroke on Access to Stroke Thrombolysis in Ontario. Stroke 2013;44(12):E179-E179.
- Harkness K, Heckman G, Jewett L, & McKelvie R. Self-Care in Heart Failure Index-Do Scores Change Over Time? Canadian Journal of Cardiology 2013;29(10):S403-S404.
- Khalifa A, Harkness K, Jewett L, & McKelvie R. Home Administered Lasix Therapy in Patients With Heart Failure and Chronic Congestion (HALT). Canadian Journal of Cardiology 2013;29(10):S387.