Laurel Besco, Assistant Professor
U o f T Mississauga
University of Ottawa
MA, University of Waterloo
BES, University of Waterloo
Institute for Management & Innovation
Phone: (905) 828-3929
Location: Room DV 3293(UTM)
Downtown Office: Room SSH5023 (100 St. George Street)
- Environmental/sustainability law and policy
- Green economy
- Socio-legal dimensions of climate change
Call For Students:
I am currently recruiting students to work on projects looking at innovative law and policy solutions with a focus on aviation or energy efficiency actions in businesses.
- Besco, Laurel & Chalifour, Nathalie (2017). Taking Flight – Federal Action to Mitigate Canada’s GHG Emissions from Aviation. Ottawa Law Review, 48(2). Forthcoming.
- Besco, Laurel. (2014). Green productivity: clarifying terminology and concepts. International Journal of Sustainable Economy, 6(4), 406-425.
- Pentelow, Laurel & Scott, Daniel. (2011). Aviation’s inclusion in international climate policy regimes: Implications for the Caribbean tourism industry. Journal of Air Transport Management, 17(3), 199-205.
- Pentelow, Laurel & Scott, Daniel. (2010). The Implications of Climate Change Mitigation Policy and Oil Price Volatility for Tourism Arrivals to the Caribbean. Tourism and Hospitality Planning & Development, 7(3). 301-315
- Mills, Brian, Dan Unrau, Carla Parkinson, Brenda Jones, Jennifer Yessis, Kelsey Spring & Laurel Pentelow. (2008). Assessment of Lightning-related Fatality and Injury Risk in Canada. Natural Hazards, 47(2), 157-183.