David Roberts, Associate Professor, Teaching Stream
Director, Urban Studies Program - Innis College
U of T St. George
University of Toronto (2012)
BAs (Business Administration and Political Science), University of Washington
MA (Geography), University of Toronto
Urban Studies Program - Innis College
Personal Website: https://innis.utoronto.ca/urban-studies/faculty/david-roberts/
- Mega-events and Urbanization
- Public-Private Partnerships and Public Infrastructure
- Participatory Planning
- Race, Inequality, and Social Justice in the City
- Popular Culture and Urban Knowledge Production
- Roberts, D. 2015. The killing of Mike Brown: Ferguson, MO and colorblindness in the contemporary United States. Dialogues in Human Geography, 5(2), 249-252.
- Roberts, D. & M. Siemiatycki. 2015. Fostering Meaningful Partnerships in Public-Private Partnerships: Innovations in Partnership Design and Process Management to Create Value Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy, 33(4), 780-793.
- Roberts, D. 2010. Durban’s Future?: Re-branding through the production/policing of event-specific places at the 2010 World Cup. Sport in Society 13(10) 1462-1473. Republished in Sport in the City: Cultural Connections (Routledge, 2011) M. Sam and J. Hughson (eds.), pp. 70 – 81.
- Roberts, D. and M. Mahtani. 2010. Neoliberalizing Race, Racing Neoliberalism; Placing “Race” in Neoliberal Discourses. Antipode 42(2) 248-257.
- Roberts, D. 2016. “More than Just a Racist Eruption: the Co-constitution of Race and Neoliberalism” in Springer et. al. (eds.), Handbook on Neoliberalism. London: Routledge.
- Mahtani, M. and D. Roberts. 2012. “Afterword: Contemplating New Spaces in Canadian Studies” in R. Coloma et. al. (eds.), Filipinos in Canada: Disturbing Invisibility (Toronto: University of Toronto Press) pgs. 417-426.
- Roberts, D. and O. Bass. 2012. “The World Cup Geography of Durban: What Will Endure” in Alegi, P. and C. Bolsmann (eds.), Africa’s World Cup: Critical Reflections on Patriotism, Play, Spectatorship, and Urban Space (Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press)