Brian Greenwood , Emeritus Professor
U of T Scarborough
University of Bristol, UK (1970)
University of Bristol, UK (1964)
Honours & Awards:
(Honoris Causa) University of Uppsala, Sweden (1993)
Phone: (416) 287-7326
Downtown Office: Room SSH5022 (100 St. George Street)
Personal Website: http://www.utsc.utoronto.ca/~greenw/
- Sediment transport in wave-current boundary layers
- Shoreface morphodynamics especially the dynamics of nearshore bar systems
- Simulation of bedforms under waves and currents; development of wave-current
- Boundary layer sensors;
- Numerical models of coastal sediment transport
- Bedforms and sedimentary structures under combined flows
- Coastal erosion and sedimentation (lacustrine and marine)
- Sediment parameters and paleoenvironmental reconstruction
- Environmental impacts in coastal systems
- Greenwood, B. 2005. Wave formed bars. In Encyclopaedia of Coastal Science, ed. M. Schwartz. Kluwer Academic Publishers (invited).
- Greenwood, B. 2005. Bimodal cross-lamination in wave-ripple formsets: a note on possible origins. In Special Issue (Jim Allen Memorial Volume), ed. N. Psuty, Journal of Coastal Research (invited).
- Greenwood, B., A. Permanand-Schwartz, and C. Houser. 2005. Set up, undertow and frequency dependent sediment flux on a multi-barred lacustrine beach. Proceedings 2nd International Coastal Symposium, June 5-8, Höfn, Iceland (published on CD-ROM).
- Houser, C. and B. Greenwood. 2005. Hydrodynamics and sediment transport within the inner surf zone of a lacustrine multiple-barred nearshore. Marine Geology.