Trevor Porter, Assistant Professor
U o f T Mississauga
Carleton University (2012)
BSc, Carleton University (2006)
Office (UTM): William Davis Building, Room 3280
Personal Website: https://tjporter.wordpress.com/
- Climate change
- Stable isotope geochemistry
Teaching This Academic Year:
- GGR112H5S – Physical Geography
- GGR379H5F – Field Methods in Physical Geography
- GGR479H5S – Advanced Seminar in Paleoenvironmental Studies
- Porter, TJ, Froese, DG, Feakins, SJ, Bindeman, I, Mahony, ME, Pautler, BG, Reichart, G-J, Sanborn, PT, Simpson, MJ, Weijers, JWH, 2016: Multiple water isotope proxy reconstruction of extremely low last glacial temperatures in Eastern Beringia (Western Arctic). Quaternary Science Reviews, 137: 113-125.
- Dick, M, Porter, TJ, Pisaric, MFJ, Wertheimer, È, deMontigny, P, Perreault, JT, Robillard, K-L, 2014: Development of a multicentennial eastern white pine tree ring chronology from salvaged river logs and its utility for dendroarcheological dating in eastern Ontario, Canada. Dendrochronologia, 2: 120-126.
- Porter, TJ, Pisaric, MFJ, Field, R, Kokelj, SV, Edwards, TWD, deMontigny, P, Healy, R, and LeGrande, A, 2014: Spring-summer temperatures since AD 1780 reconstructed from stable oxygen isotope ratios in white spruce tree-rings from the Mackenzie Delta, northwestern Canada. Climate Dynamics, 42: 771-785.
- Porter, TJ, Pisaric, MFJ, Kokelj, SV, deMontigny, P, 2013: A ring-width-based reconstruction of June-July minimum temperatures since AD 1245 from white spruce stands in the Mackenzie Delta region, northwestern Canada. Quaternary Research, 80: 167-179.
- Porter, TJ, Middlestead, P, 2012: On estimating the precision of stable isotope ratios in processed tree-rings. Dendrochronologia, 30: 239-242.
- Porter, TJ, Pisaric, MFJ, 2011: Temperature-growth divergence in white spruce forests of Old Crow Flats, Yukon Territory, and adjacent regions of northwestern North America. Global Change Biology, 11: 3418-3430.
- Wolfe, BB, Humphries, MM, Pisaric, MFJ, Balasubramaniam, AM, Burn, CR, Chan, L, Cooley, D, Froese, DG, Graupe, S, Hall, RI, Lantz, T, Porter, TJ, Roy-Leveillee, P, Turner, KW, Wesche, SD, Williams, M, 2011: Environmental change and traditional use of the Old Crow Flats in northern Canada: An IPY opportunity to meet the challenges of the new northern research paradigm. Arctic, 64: 127-135.
- Porter, TJ, Pisaric, MFJ, Kokelj, SV, and Edwards, TWD, 2009: Climate signals in δ13C and δ18O of tree-rings from white spruce in the Mackenzie Delta region, northern Canada. Arctic, Antarctic, and Alpine Research, 41: 497-505.
Paleoclimate and Biogeography