Susannah Bunce , Associate Professor
U of T Scarborough
Location: Social Sciences MW278 (UTSC)
Downtown Office: Room SSH5031 (100 St. George Street)
*On research leave during the 2018-19 academic year
- Sustainable urban communities
- Urban spatial planning and development
- Environmental gentrification
- Socio-environmental spaces and land uses in cities
- Community-based development and engagement
- Urban community and neighbourhood land uses
- Bunce, S. (Forthcoming, January 2018). Sustainability Policy, Planning, and Gentrification in Cities. Earthscan/Routledge, Abingdon, UK.
- Bunce, S. and Aslam, F.C. (2016). Bunce, S. & Aslam, F.C. (2016). Land Trusts and the Protection and Stewardship of Land in Canada: Exploring Non-Governmental Land Trust Practices and the Role of Urban Community Land Trusts. Canadian Journal of Urban Research 25(2), 23-34.
- Bunce, S. (2016) Pursuing Urban Commons: Politics and Alliances in Community Land Trust Activism in East London. Antipode 48(1), 134-150.
- Bunce, S. and Allahwala, A. (2013). Community-University Partnerships: Building Collaboration and Reciprocity Between Campus and Community. Journal of Geography 112(2).
- Allahwala, A. and Bunce, S. 2013. Introduction to Symposium Issue: Building and Sustaining Reciprocal Community-University Partnerships in Marginalized Urban Areas: Challenges and Opportunities for Higher Education in Geography. Journal of Geography 112(2), 43-57.
- Bunce, S. (2011). Public-Private Sector Alliances in Sustainable Waterfront Revitalization: Policy, planning, and design in the West Don Lands in: Desfor, G. and Laidley, J. (eds.) Re-shaping Toronto’s Waterfront. University of Toronto Press, Toronto. pp. 287-304.
- Bunce, S. 2009. Developing Sustainability: Sustainability policy and gentrification on Toronto’s waterfront. Local Environment: International Journal of Justice and Sustainability 14(7), 651-667.
- Moore, S. and Bunce, S. 2009. Guest Editorial – Delivering Sustainable Buildings and Communities: Eclipsing social concerns through private sector-led urban regeneration and development. Local Environment: International Journal of Justice and Sustainability 14(7), 601-606.
- Bunce, S. (Accepted). Alternatives to Gentrification: Exploring Urban Community Land Trusts and Ecovilages in: Lees, Loretta (ed.) Handbook of Gentrification (Palgrave)