Michael Bunce, Associate Emeritus Professor
U of T Scarborough
University of Sheffield, UK (1970)
BA University of Sheffield, UK (1966)
Phone: (416) 287-7313
Location: Room B534 (UTSC)
Downtown Office: Room SSH5022 (100 St. George Street)
- Rural and agricultural land use
- The rural-urban fringe
- Urbanization of rural land in the Caribbean
- Rural conservation and planning
- Bunce, M. 2004. From One Estate to Another: Suburbanisation and the Transformation of Rural Space in Barbados. In The Structure and Dynamics of Rural Territories: Geographical Perspectives, eds. D. Ramsey and C. Bryant. Manitoba: Rural Development Institute, Brandon University.
- Bunce, M. 2003. Reproducing Rural Idylls. In Country Visions, eds. P. Cloke and J. Little, 14-30. London: Pearson.
- Bourne, L., M. Bunce, L. Taylor, N. Luka, and J. Maurer. 2003. Contested Ground: The Dynamics of Peri-Urban Growth in the Toronto Region. The Canadian Journal of Regional Science 26 (2-3): 251-270.
- Bunce, M. 1998. Thirty years of farmland preservation in North America: discourses and ideologies of a movement. Journal of Rural Studies 14: 233-47.
Bunce, M. 1994. The Countryside as Ideal. London: Routledge.