Joseph Leydon, Associate Professor Teaching Stream
U o f T Mississauga
University of Toronto (1995)
MA National University of Ireland (1989)
BA National University of Ireland (1987)
Phone: (905) 569-4854 (UTM)
Location: Room SE2113C (UTM)
- Regional geography of North America
- Colonial North America and the Caribbean
- Population dynamics
- Retail analysis
Teaching This Academic Year:
GGR111H5F – Human Geography
GGR252H5S – Retail Geography
GGR318H5F – Political Geography
GGR418H5S – Geopolitics
JEG400Y5Y – Geography / Environment Science Internship
JEG401Y5Y – Geography / Environment Social Science Internship
- Leydon, J., McLaughlin, C & Wilson, H. (2017) “Does the High School Geography Experience Influence Enrollment in University Geography Courses?”, Journal of Geography, 116 (2): 79-88
- Wilson, H., Leydon, J., & Wincentak, J. (2107) Fieldwork in geography education: defining or declining? The state of fieldwork in Canadian undergraduate geography programs, Journal of Geography in Higher Education, 41 (1): 94-105
- Leydon, J., Wilson, K. & Boyd, C. 2014. “Improving Student Writing Abilities in Geography: Examining the Benefits of Criterion-Based Assessment and Detailed Feedback” Journal of Geography, 113 (00) : 1-9.
- Leydon J. & Turner, S. 2013. “The Challenges and Rewards of Introducing Field Trips into a Large Introductory Geography Class” Journal of Geography, 112 (2) :248-261.
- Turner, S. & Leydon, J. 2012. ‘Improving Geographic Literacy among First-Year Undergraduate Students: Testing the effectiveness of online quizzes’ Journal of Geography, 111(2) :54-66.
- Leydon, J. 1994. ‘A Study of the Irish Cattle and Beef Trades in the Seventeenth and Eighteenth Centuries, Journal of History and Politics xi, : 1-35.