Alemu Gonsamo, Post Doctoral Fellow
U of T St. George
University of Helsinki, Finland (2010)
M. Sc. Wageningen University, The Netherlands (2006)
B. Sc. Debub University, Ethiopia (2002)
Phone: +1 416 946 7715
Office: Room 307b (45 St. George)
Personal Website: http://individual.utoronto.ca/gonsamo/
- Remote Sensing and Geographical Information Science
- Terrestrial Carbon Cycle Modelling
- Biosphere responses to climate change
- Gonsamo A., J.M. Chen, and C. Wu (2013). Citizen Science: linking the recent rapid advances of plant flowering in Canada with climate variability. Nature Scientific Reports, 3, 2239.
- Gonsamo, A., and J.M. Chen (2013). Improved LAI algorithm implementation to MODIS data by incorporating background, topography and foliage clumping information. IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, in press.
- Gonsamo A., J.M. Chen, C. Boisvenue, W.A. Kurz, D.T. Price, C. Wu, R.A. Hember & K.H. Chang (2013). New assessment of gross and net primary productivity of Canada’s landmass. Journal of Geophysical Research – Biogeosciences, in press
- Gonsamo, A., J.M. Chen, and P. D’Odorico (2013). Deriving land surface phenology indicators from CO2 eddy covariance measurements. Ecological Indicators, 29, 203-207.
- Gonsamo A., and J.M. Chen (2013). Spectral response function comparability among 21 satellite sensors for vegetation monitoring. IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, 51, 1319-1335.
- Gonsamo, A., J. M. Chen, D. T. Price, W. A. Kurz, and C. Wu (2012). Land surface phenology from optical satellite measurement and CO2 eddy covariance technique. Journal of Geophysical Research – Biogeosciences, 117, G03032.
- Gonsamo, A., J.M. Chen, C. Wu, and D. Dragoni (2012). Predicting deciduous forest carbon uptake phenology by upscaling FLUXNET measurements using remote sensing data. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology, 165, 127-135.
Climate Processes and Climate and Carbon Cycle Modelling, Earth-Surface Processes and Hydrology, Nature, Society and Environmental Change