Alana Boland, Associate Professor
Associate Dean, Teaching and Learning (Faculty of Arts and Science)
U of T St. George
University of Washington (Geography)
MAIS University of Washington (China Studies)
BA Reed College (Physics)
Phone: (416) 978-1587
Fax: (416) 946-3886
Location: Room 5006, Sidney Smith Hall (100 St. George)
Personal Website: http://faculty.geog.utoronto.ca/boland/ab_home.htm
- Environment and development
- Sustainability and urban political economy
- China (1950s to present)
- Water governance
Teaching This Academic Year:
- Boland, A. 2016. From factory to field: Wastewater irrigation in China’s early socialist cities, Global Environment, 9: 219-239.
- Boland, A. 2015. Bakker’s Privatizing Water and the place of China’s cities, International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, 39 (5): 1043-1056.
- Boland, A. and Zhu, J. 2012. Public participation in China’s green communities: Mobilizing memories and structuring incentives, Geoforum, 43(1): 147-157.
- Boland, A. 2007. The trickle-down effect: Ideology and the development of premium water networks in China’s cities, International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, 31(1): 21-40.
Cities and Everyday Life, Nature, Society and Environmental Change, Political Ecology, Political Spaces