Awards & Paper Competition / Prix et concours d’articles
Student Paper Competition
Call for Submissions
The Canadian Association of Geographers – Ontario Division (CAGONT) annually awards prizes for student papers, in three categories: Undergraduate, Masters, and Doctoral. Submissions from students attending Ontario universities are encouraged.
Due to the diversity of papers submitted, we have expanded the competition to include both traditional essay-style papers and research papers.
Up to two awards (one for the best essay and one for the best research paper) will be made at each of three levels:
- Undergraduate $200
- Master’s $200
- Doctoral $200
Prizes are presented at the CAGONT annual meeting.
The following conditions for entry into the contest apply:
- the text of the paper must not exceed 15 pages, double-spaced.
- the paper must be accompanied by a memo from a faculty member indicating the student’s status on May 1 of the current year;
- entries must be received no later than a date specified by the meeting organizers;
- the paper must be presented by PhD and Masters students at the CAGONT annual meeting. Undergraduate students are not required to present their paper, but they may do so if they wish;
- co-authored papers with faculty or other students are not permitted since it would be very difficult to determine who wrote what in such a paper. Therefore, only single authored papers are allowed.
The paper competition closes on Friday October 5th, 2018 at 4:00 pm. Please submit entries by email to the CAGONT organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email subject heading please include: PAPER COMPETITION (degree level) (paper type). For example your email heading might read as follows: PAPER COMPETITION (PhD) (research paper).
Student Best Poster Award
The CAGONT Annual Meeting incorporated a Best Poster competition beginning in 2010. All posters presented at the meeting are eligible for the $200 prize and award certificate. Posters are evaluated by a panel of judges chosen from annual meeting attendees.
The Best Poster Award recipient(s) will be recognized at the CAGONT AGM.
Service to Ontario Geography Award
Call for Nominations
To recognize an individual’s significant and lasting contribution to scholarship, teaching or broader service to geography in Ontario.
Nominees must be based in Ontario and may come from academia, the public or private sector.
Award recipients will be presented with a certificate at the CAGONT Annual Meeting.
- Nomination deadline:
The deadline for 2018 is Friday, October 5, 2018.
- Nomination process:
Nominees will be evaluated by the CAGONT Executive. Please send nominations (emailed nominations only) and letters of support to: Evan Cleave, Treasurer, email@example.com and Andrea Rishworth, CAGONT Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prix & Concours
A venir sous peu…